Edo MDCAN, UBTH Chapter Elects New Exco, Gives Credence To Prof. Eugene Okpere…Says we will task ourselves to bequeath to ourselves a befitting secretariat


The Medical and Dental Consultants Association of Nigeria (MDCAN), University of Benin Teaching Hospital (UBTH) chapter has elected new Executive Committee to pilot the affairs of the Association for the next two years.

Members of the Executive Committee are Dr. Enabudoso Ehigha - Chairman, Prof. (Mrs) Caroline Omoti - Vice Chairman, Dr. Lucy Eriba – Secretary and Dr. Philip Ogordi -Assistant Secretary.
Others are Dr. Mary Ehimigbai (Treasurer) Dr. Rose Ugiagbe (Financial Secretary), Dr. Jeremiah Igunma( Publicity/Welfare Secretary), Prof. PROC Adobamen (Ex-officio 1) and Dr. Peter Agbonrofo (Ex-Officio 2).

In his inauguration speech, the newly elected Chairman, Dr. Enaburekhian while given credence to former Chief Medical Director (CMD) of UBTH, Prof. Eugene Okpere who he said donated a mega office to the Association, noted that members of the Association complained of certain things, salaries, take-home, office renovation, and what is it that the hospital hold for them whenever a member get deceased?


He said that in the course of his electioneering, his first choice is to negotiate. “I believe very much in the ability of each and every one of us to support to superior argument. And I am glad to say that we have a Chief Medical Director, (CMD) Prof. Darlington Obaseki who is very cerebral. What we need do is to up our game to see if we are able to defeat him in the argument. We should be able to up our game so that through him as CMD we would be able to reach our employer for the benefit of our members.”

Going further, he added: “I am sure many people saw me saying that I wanted to run this race, it seems to be a shock because I had been extremely involved in so many other things, and it seems to be against the run of play, but for me,q something happened in Nigeria on the 25th of February, 2023. I am sure we all known when certain things happen, and I told myself – is that how we continue to complain in this country and not be a part of it? And we all now started thinking.

“In the past we used so say those who are good don’t bother to go into politics; you stay in your house, and I realized that staying in your house meant that you will continue to complain in the rest of your life. So, why don’t we go in and slug it out, and they say it is a dirty man's game, and they say you struggle and see if you can clean it up. These were among the things that guided my thought. It was a very difficult decision for me until sometime in July when I think that I had sought consent of my maker and I said fine, let’s go in.

“It wasn’t a very easy one. Yes, I have been involved in the past properly as an underground agent but for now it was time for you to do it for yourself and it is not always the same thing. Many times I talked to myself that it is a big different between politics and leadership. I love leadership but I really do not love politics. But you cannot be leader without the politics. Many of us believe that you can lead but how do you get to lead if you don’t play the politics.

“My first point here is that every single one of us need to make up our minds. Today we know what happen in our country, we complain of fuel, we complain of the dollar, and all we do is just complain. It’s time for us to get in.

“I want to thank every single member of the Association for suffering this last one month. Many people felt that their phones suffered a lot of messages on a daily basis but it is the price we have to pay. While you were complaining of your data for opening it, but you forgot that somebody was also using his data to send the message, but it was good, a very robust one like what we haven’t had for quite a time.

“For me, I think it is a positive step, it helps to bring out the best in many of us. And I am sure not many would have thought this man who was so interested in himself and academics would be able to stand the test of time for such a long campaign period, but I am glad that we did it.

“You kept hearing that I do say we; and that is because I have a team. I must at this juncture commend this very robust team that I have. Frankly speaking, in all humility, there was no way I would have been able to do this myself, but I had high caliber men and women who have gone through this roads in the past, they all stood for me.”

The new Chairman of MDCAN, UBTH Chapter, while admonishing all others contestants who for one reason or the other are not able to stand here today, Dr. Enaburekhian noted that not that they were not good enough, but in a race like this, at least you cannot have a tie, somebody must win, and that is why we are here today, and I thank all those who have the confidence to be able to go into the race

He emphasized that members of the Association will task themselves and it is their hope that by God grace they would be able to bequeath to the Association a befitting secretariat. ‘

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LET YOUR PROTEST REMAIN PEACEFUL, IKPOBA HILL YOUTHS CHAIRMAN TELLS PROTESTERS

I HAVE NOT RESCINDED MY DECISION TO RESIGN FROM ALL PROGRESSIVES CONGRESS- Inegbeniki ... Says political Tsunami about to happen in Edo

EDO GUBER 2024: LABOUR PARTY ASPIRANTS AGREE ON JOINT TICKETS, SETTLE FOR ERNEST ABEGBE TO LEAD THE PACK.